Relationships sometimes hit a rough patch as life has a habit of “getting in the way’, adding stressors that even the strongest relationships find hard to navigate without professional support from time to time.
Sometimes it can be challenging for a couple to be kind or thoughtful of each other’s needs or find the time to talk about current problems without escalating the issues. It is not uncommon for couples to experience problems listening to each other or enjoying each other’s company.
Couples counseling can change a couple’s perspective about each other and heal the hurts that couples sometimes inflict on each other, oftentimes unknowingly, they just know that “something” is wrong. Some of the most common difficulties couples come and see me about are listed below. Do any of these sound familiar to you or your partner?
As a couples counselor with more than 30 years of experience in marriage and individual counseling, I can help you learn how to overcome the problems in your marriage and achieve a more enjoyable, thoughtful, and loving relationship.
COMMON PROBLEMS COUPLES EXPERIENCE:
- Do you argue about issues that never get resolved?
- Do you have trouble talking to each other?
- Do you suspect that your partner is having or has had an affair?
- Are you tired of not getting enough physical affection or intimacy?
- Do you feel lonely, unhappy, or disappointed with your marriage?
- Do you feel like your partner takes you for granted?
- Do you often fight about money?
- Are your relatives causing problems in your marriage?
- Do you feel like your partner discounts or ignores your feelings or opinions?
I CAN HELP YOU LEARN HOW TO:
- Find ways to successfully resolve your fights
- Communicate so you are heard
- Communicate without the emotions that trigger fights
- Get beyond an affair and re-establish confidence and trust in your marriage
- Make physical affection and sex a regular part of your marriage
- Listen and respond effectively
- Set positive boundaries with relatives
- Talk and negotiate successfully about money
- Work through traumatic experiences that impact your relationship
- Find ways to enjoy time together!
- CLIENT TESTIMONIALS